FORMING OF THE WALSALL ROADS CYCLING CLUB

On June 19th 1919, a meeting of local cyclists was held at the Vine Hotel, Cross Street, to consider the after war policy of Walsall cyclists.

There were present at this meeting;  F. J. Morgan, W. Milburn, T. Kenny W. Hickman, of the Walsall Polytechnic, J. Brown, C. Selby, B. James, H. Tennant, and W. Kendall of the Walsall Imperial. After considerable discussion it was decided to form a new club.

It was proposed by F. J. Morgan, and seconded by W. Kendall that it be named the Walsall Roads Cycling Club. Proposed by F. J. Morgan, seconded by T. Kenny that Headquarters be Vine Hotel Cross Street.

Almost 100 Years of History

Walsall Roads Cycling Club